An Edmonton-based private practice treating the psychological needs of children
Jeanne Williams is a Registered Psychologist and play therapist who works with children and teens, and their parents or caregivers.
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
- Jeanne works with children and teenagers who have difficulties with temper, anger, or out-of-control behaviour, while providing teaching and consultation to parents, caregivers, and teachers. Jeanne has been certified by Dr. Ross Greene in his ground breaking approach to solving problems collaboratively, which is described in his books, The Explosive Child and Lost at School.
- Jeanne provides PLAY THERAPY to young chldren who have experienced mild to severe trauma, life changes, relationship/social difficulties, or unusual fears, as well as PARENTING CLASSES that equip parents and caregivers to meet their children's emotional and relational needs.
As a Registered Psychologist who works with children and teenagers, Jeanne Williams believes in creating a healing environment that is safe and fun for children and their parents/caregivers.
ATTENTION PARENTS OF CHILDREN UNDER 10 ...
Are you looking for A DIFFERENT KIND OF PARENTING CLASS?
Take a look at Child-Parent Relationship Training (Filial Therapy)
What’s different about CPRT?
- A small group format provides camaraderie, understanding, and support, and allows you to learn from each other under the guidance of an experienced psychologist.
- CPRT groups give you the skills to be a therapeutic agent for your child, because YOU are the most important person in your child’s life.
- CPRT focuses on the RELATIONSHIP between adult and child.
- Your homework is ... to play with your child! In a structured weekly play time at home, you get to practice the skills that you learn in your CPRT group.
CPRT can make a life changing difference in the relationship between you and your child.
Interested? Check out the information page to find out more about filial therapy and Child-Parent Relationship Training groups.