top of page
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 4.13_edited.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you do assessments?

I do not offer formal assessments, such as  psychoeducational or diagnostic assessments. My practice is focused on treating children and supporting their caregivers.

Do I need a referral to see you?

You do not need a referral to see me. The best way to contact me is to send me an email with a brief summary of your concerns/needs. But first, scroll through the home page

to see my areas of specialty, and whether it looks like I would be a good fit for your needs.


How do I make an appointment?

For the free initial consultation, you just need to email me with a brief summary of your concerns/needs, and if I am accepting new clients I will give you a link to my calendar so you can book a time that works for you. Once you have that link, you can book future appointments for yourself/your child whenever you want.


What are your fees?

The initial consultation is free of charge.


A 45-minute session (for younger kids) or a 50-minute session (for teens and adults) is $200.


Other services, including paperwork and court appearances as an expert witness, are billed according to the latest recommendations of the Psychologists' Association of Alberta found here, and are payable by the individual who requests the service or initiates a subpoena.


Do you have a sliding scale for fees?

I do not have a sliding scale. I keep space in my case load for a limited number of free or reduced-fee clients. If that would be helpful to you, feel free to ask me about it and I will tell you whether that space is available at that time. I do not need to see any proof of need.


Do you direct bill? 

I do not direct bill. I ask that payment is made on the day of the appointment.


How do I pay?

My preferred method of payment is an INTERAC transfer on the day of the appointment. Once payment is received, I will send a receipt back to you by email.

Do you offer telehealth (online) sessions?

I offer telehealth sessions to adults and teens. With younger kids, it's usually better for us to meet in person. If you are interested in telehealth sessions, let's chat first to determine whether that is the best route for your concerns/needs.

Can you provide telehealth services to other Canadian provinces?

I am not licensed to provide services to clients who are outside the province of Alberta, either in person or online.

What credentials/training do you have?

I am a Registered Psychologist (R.Psych.) and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) with a doctorate in psychology (Psy.D). I am also a Certified Provider in Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (certified by Dr. Ross Greene). You can read more about me and my background here.


 Is there research supporting the work you do?

Everything I do with kids and their adults is supported by peer-reviewed research. If you would like to explore the research, or read more about the mental health conditions mentioned in this website, click here.

Where could I look for a different psychologist?

The Psychologists’ Association of Alberta has a “Find a psychologist” feature that allows you to enter your parameters (e.g., location, age of client, specialty areas, etc.). That can be found here: 

More questions?

You can reach me at

bottom of page